[LTER-im] Publisher location requested for data set DOI

Duane Costa dcosta.lternet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:53:04 PST 2017

I spent a few minutes reviewing the Java source code that composes the
citation HTML. Wade (and earlier, Gastil) described the logic it implements
correctly:

If a creator element contains both an individualName and an
organizationName, the logic will use the individualName in the citation
text and ignore the organizationName. However, if the creator element
contains an organizationName but does not contain an individualName, the
organizationName will be used in the citation text.

This conditional logic was intentional. The Java source code contains the
following comments:

// Citations should include only person names, if possible

// otherwise, use organization names

Duane