[LTER-usiltercom] brainstorming on ILTER Americas regional network

Nancy Grimm nbgrimm at asu.edu
Wed Jan 5 10:15:56 PST 2022

Happy New Year International Committee members,

Here is the report
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NFqOC54D1aROL-RVS65FIJq2N4ttxTkbfcP09IC3nUQ/edit>
we submitted to the LTER Executive Board in November. Some of the
information there will inform our agenda for this year, which we will
discuss in our next meeting.

As noted in the report, we are trying to standardize the committee terms
and add new members annually or biennially while keeping the committee
relatively small and nimble. According to Marty, most of you started
in 2019, except for Mark and Kristin, who have been on the committee for a
longer time. If you have any recollection of the year you started, please
let us know (just to keep the records straight), and please also indicate
your level of interest in staying on the committee. We want to add a couple
of new members (recall an email went out to all LTER soliciting statements
of interest), so we are looking for volunteers to be replaced - but of
course, we would love for you to stay involved if you are game to do so.

Please respond to me separately or go ahead and reply all if you're
comfortable with that. We are gearing up the Americas regional network, so
you have just seen an email about that, and we will plan for the first
International Committee meeting of 2022 sometime in the first quarter. Look
for a scheduling email from Tessa Martinez (cc'd) once the committee roster
has been sorted.

Thanks,
Nancy (on behalf of co-chairs Nancy Grimm and David Iwaniec)

Nancy B. Grimm (nbgrimm at asu.edu)
Regents Professor, Virginia M. Ullman Professor of Ecology
School of Life Sciences (SOLS), ASU
ESSA <https://globalfutures.asu.edu/essa/> - UREx SRN <http://urexsrn.net/>-
NATURA <http://natura-net.org> - CAP LTER <http://caplter.asu.edu> - SETS
Convergence <http://convergence.urexsrn.net/>