[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: [LTER-site-exec] LTER Data Center update

Michael Gooseff michael.gooseff at colorado.edu
Sun Jul 26 22:10:04 MDT 2015

Hi all,

Please see the info below (and attached) in regards to a new approach to a Network Data Center approach that is coming from the Network IM community.  Everyone is seeking a state of Kumbaya, but no one is quite sure the attached plans will achieve it.

(My email address replaced Diane’s on several network lists, but not this one.  My apologies for the late delivery of info.)

Please let me know what you think about this plan.  Peter is largely asking for the lead PIs to convey the thoughts and reactions from their sites and I have a teleconf set up with him for Thursday of this coming week to discuss.  If you could get me any thoughts before Thursday, I would appreciate it.

Inigo - this includes you, of course!

Best,
Mike

P.S. - Bonus points to the first person who understands the reference to Kumbaya in the message above!

Michael Gooseff, Associate Professor
Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research
Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0450

email: michael.gooseff at colorado.edu<mailto:michael.gooseff at colorado.edu>
web: http://goosefflab.weebly.com<http://goosefflab.weebly.com/>