[LTER-luq] UPDATE: Important LUQ Dates

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Mon Oct 24 06:34:45 PDT 2016

Hi Folks,

We are getting questions about upcoming meeting dates.  Here's an update.

JANUARY PLANNING MEETING

This will take place Noon Tuesday, January 10 through end of the day
January 12, 2017.   Travel on the 9th or early on the 10th and the 13th.
We need plenty of time to review progress on the next proposal and to
organize for the Site Visit.  It is important that students working on the
project attend this meeting in addition to co-PIs and Senior Personnel.

SITE VISIT

The Site Visit is scheduled for March 27 - 31. Those participating for LUQ
should arrive on the 27th for prep on the 28th.  We will be in field with
the site review team on the 29th and 30th, with the team writing up on the
morning of the 31st (so leaderships will need to be present for read out of
results).  Again, we need good student participation in addition to LUQ
scientists.

ANNUAL MEETING

The dates are now May 31 to June 1.  NABS is the next week the CZO folks
are going to have a national meeting that same week, so we won't meeting in
conjunction with LCZO this coming year.  We need time to finalize the
organization of the summer sampling, especially the elevation gradient, as
well as move forward with the upcoming proposal.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311