[LTER-imc-ddms] Current draft of alternative LTER data management organization

Philip Tarrant philip.tarrant at asu.edu
Wed Jul 8 11:37:23 MDT 2015

Dear Saran and Peter,

Attached is a draft summary document describing how we envision a post-LNO IMC-led information management organization would look. Clearly, much remains to be worked out and, as they say, "the devil is in the detail." However, I think we have broad agreement that this model could be developed as an effective alternative to the old LNO structure.

We are having a full working group video-conference on Friday at 3PM EDT to which you are both invited (details to follow). We will be happy to discuss the document in more detail and answer any questions you have then, but if you have something in particular you wish to know beforehand feel free to ask.

Best regards,
--
Philip Tarrant
Director, Informatics and Technology | Senior Sustainability Scientist