[LTER-im] Draft Reasons to Share Data

Porter, John H (jhp7e) jhp7e at virginia.edu
Wed Jul 17 11:45:42 PDT 2019

At the IM meeting I was charged with coming up with a brief pamphlet to
make sure everyone has talking points at hand when trying to convince
investigators.

I've put a comment-able DRAFT list at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dYd2P9F0IxLjypPX-yRtoO3AluyvR3eW/view?usp=sharing

Please take a look at it from these perspectives:

1) Did I miss a reason to share data?

2) Are the brief statements understandable and (most importantly)
compelling?

3) How much supporting material would be desirable? There is a lot of
literature out there that could be cited. Similarly, we could give some
specific examples. Or is briefer better?

You can give me your responses either as an email reply, or in comments
on the document.

Thanks!

-John Porter

PS. You are free to start using the GOOD reasons immediately! :)

John H. Porter
Dept. of Environmental Sciences
University of Virginia
291 McCormick Road