[LTER-im] See you in Tacoma!

Remillard, Suzanne suzanne.remillard at oregonstate.edu
Sat Jul 13 19:23:02 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I want to welcome all that are traveling to the LTER IMC Annual Meeting in Tacoma tomorrow. Even though Tacoma is a 4 hour train ride from my home, I feel like it's my backyard. The Pacific Northwest is a beautiful place to be in the summer and Tacoma has been transforming their city from a mill city to a beautiful destination on the Puget Sound. The Tacoma Museum of Glass (https://www.museumofglass.org/visitmog), which is connected to downtown by a glass bridge, is open late this upcoming Thursday.

For some final logistics to our meeting, attached is the finalized version of the agenda. There were a few last minute modifications. It is also on the Google drive (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bXZW93plcX2uVbX555nu_eCctViaPtTWNdSFNJyAino/edit).

Also, please note that we will not have coffee or tea service at our meeting. There are coffee shops in the hotels and nearby. Please come fully charged! Our breaks are long enough to provide time to go out and get coffee during the day. We will start our meeting at 8:30 am.

Have a safe trip and see you tomorrow!

Suzanne