[LTER-im] August IMC Virtual Water Cooler - Postponed to August 19th

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Fri Jul 26 12:14:17 PDT 2019

Greetings,

IMEXEC has opted to postpone our August water cooler by one week so as to
avoid a conflict with those folks that will be at the ESA meeting at the
same time.   When we meet on August 19th we would like to have the first of
our regular VWC series "Information Management Knowledge Exchange" where we
hope to have some open dialog about common tasks for information managers.

I was able to have a number on conversations with our newest cohorts while
we were in Tacoma and have come up with an interesting initial list of
potential topics for this series so I hope everyone gets geared up to share
and learn from one another.  For this first installment, we would like to
share tools for project and activities management.  IMEXEC has been using
Trello as a web-based platform to  organize and track our activities, so I
will kick off things off with a slide to present that tool and how it seems
to be working for us; and some ideas to incorporate this into other working
groups.  The hope is to get several brief presentations to hear about
various ideas and use cases.  If you have a tool that you use at your site
and would like to share it...EVERYONE is welcome to contribute (even if it
is Trello and you want to share your implementation).  Please let me know
if you are willing to present a single slide or quick demo on something
that help you out and may be of interest to other IM's.  I look forward to
hearing from several of you in the very near future!

Cheers,

Jason

--
Jason Downing