[LTER-im] Fwd: [ESIP-all] 2019 ESIP Summer Meeting Session Proposals due FRIDAY (4/26)

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Tue Apr 23 10:54:51 PDT 2019

Hi all,

The 2019 LTER Information Management Committee annual meeting will be held on July 15, 2019 just prior to the Earth Science Information Partners<https://www.esipfed.org/meetings/upcoming-meetings/sm19> summer meeting, which is July 16 - 19th, 2019, in Tacoma, WA. The meeting theme is: “Data in Action: Increasing the Use and Value of Earth Science Data and Information.”

A friendly reminder that session proposals for the ESIP Summer Meeting are due this Friday, April 26th. To see proposals submitted so far, check this spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wfSHWXSQECShSo3Grpv-JnuMJOKlyuqkqOjDQu7TqM8/edit?usp=sharing>. The ESIP Summer Meeting is a wonderful opportunity for us LTER IMs to interact with data professionals external to the LTER Network (e.g., NASA, NOAA, USGS, to name a few). So far I’m only seeing a couple of submissions from the IMC, so if you’ve previously expressed interest in submitting a proposal, now is the time to do so! On behalf of IM Exec, I would strongly encourage anyone with an idea/project they would like to share or get feedback on to submit a session proposal.

Sessions are generally 1.5 hour blocks and fit one of the following formats:
Breakout Session—presentation-style session with multiple speakers sharing lessons learned, a new tool or new initiative.
Panel Session—panel-style discussion with one moderator and a group of experts who represent different perspectives on a common topic.
Workshop Session—classroom-style session to teach attendees; should be hands-on with limited use of slides.
Working Sessions—roundtable-style session where participants work together to solve a specific problem.
Business Meetings—dedicated planning time for Collaboration Areas.
If you have any questions about the meeting or would like some additional feedback on your idea prior to submitting, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me directly.

Details regarding our annual IMC Meeting agenda are forthcoming. This year we'll also have some exciting social events planned throughout the week, so stay tuned for more details soon!

Renée

—
Renée F. Brown
Information Manager, McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER
Director of Technology, Sevilleta Field Station
University of New Mexico Department of Biology
Albuquerque, NM 87131 USA
rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu>

—

Begin forwarded message: