[LTER-im] Fw: Re: Fw: RE: Fw: FW: good read for databits -- the FAIR data project==>Format that I used and Publishing date tomorrow

Eda C. Melendez-Colom edacorreo at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 14:10:10 PDT 2018

Hi,
I am happy to announce that the 2018 Spring Databits Issue is out.
The direct link to the issue is: https://lternet.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018DatabitsSpringIssue-web.pdf
You can take a first look on its contents at: https://lternet.edu/documents/2018-spring-lter-databits/
For me, this is a very special issue because it represents the beginning of a new era for the LTER Information Managers in terms of collaboration and challenges.

We have very special guest-authors from the ILTER that were willing to share with us the details about their network and their information management system. I thank David and Peterseil particularly for their great collaboration. Six countries were involved in the writing of two articles. Thank you all. It was an honor to have you on board.

Another special contributor is Nicole, our ex-IM and Chair person who shares her post-LTER experiences in this issue. Than you Nicole!
To all the US LTER authors, including the IMEXEC members, who contributed with 10 relevant and interesting articles, comments and Good Reads, Thanks!
Thanks to Marty who was willing to wait and not go home until I delivered the issue to her today.

Last but not least, I want to thank Don and Hope for the meticulous work in editing...could not have done it without you! Good Job!

I know you will enjoy this issue as I, Hope and Don did.

EDA

Eda C. Melendez Colom
 Information Manager
 LTER Program
 University of Puerto Rico
 Tel. (787) 764-0000 (1-88225)
 Fax (787) 772 -1481

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Marty Downs <downs at nceas.ucsb.edu>To: Eda C. Melendez-Colom <edacorreo at yahoo.com>Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 4:09:07 PM EDTSubject: Re: Fw: RE: Fw: FW: good read for databits -- the FAIR data project==>Format that I used and Publishing date tomorrow
 Hi Eda,
The direct link to the issue is here: https://lternet.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018DatabitsSpringIssue-web.pdf All the documents are embedded within a document post-type that offers the ability to tag and provide some context, so I took advantage of that and included the table of contents, so people would be able to know what is in the issue before they click through to it.. The link to that post is here: https://lternet.edu/documents/2018-spring-lter-databits/
It's fine to use either. If you are sending out tweets on the issue, can you tag @USLTER as well?
Thanks, Marty