[LTER-im] Drupal 6 funeral and the IM site.

Inigo San Gil isangil at lternet.edu
Mon Jun 6 19:19:47 MDT 2016

We started a migration repository
<https://github.com/lter/imc-migration>, and run a deep analysis
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ISAm8B8KTzGSTXpAWK4-0WSGjzpEsNAiDwO3SW27ts4/edit?usp=sharing>
of the IM site composition and structure.

The only thing in our way is a snapshot of the database, and a copy of
the files directory. This does not take a series of meetings,
strategical decisions, it just takes FIVE minutes of somebody's time at
NCEAS.  Perhaps it would be even faster (1 minutes) to open me a shell
account, so I can perform those ops myself.  May be there is a trust
issue, who knows?

I am not asking NCEAS to host a secure, more modern version of the IM
site - but I want to give the IMs a chance to preserve the content
before is too late, and content becomes locked and too costly to be
migrated.  It is really much more simple than all that.

Inigo

--

Inigo San Gil
+1 505 277 2625