[LTER-im] Drupal 6 funeral and the IM site.

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 6 16:25:53 MDT 2016

Hello IMs --

Just wanted to follow up with a few details about the web site migration.
In consultation with Corinna and others at EDI (formerly NIMO), and with
support from James at LNO, we migrated the LTER informational web sites to
the NCO, and have been operating them for the last several months,
including handling necessary security updates.  Marty met with Corinna and
others from EDI last week to discuss how to move the IM site (and other
data oriented sites) over to the EDI.  What became clear is that there are
still some decisions to be made as the role of the EDI gets better defined
with respect to LTER and other non-LTER groups like OBFS and macrosystems
projects.  So, for the time being, we will continue to operate the web
sites at NCO, at least until EDI is operational; at that point, some
portion of the content that makes sense may be moved over to EDI or
elsewhere, depending on what the IM community and EDI wants to do.  So,
thanks, Inigo, for the offer, but at this time its probably best not to
separate the IM site from the other other Drupal instances at LTER that it
is intertwined with -- we'll get it and the other sites upgraded to D7 and
continue to provide access to IMs via their LDAP logins.  More info as
Corinna et al. get operational at EDI...

Best regards,

Matt

--
Matthew B. Jones
LTER Network Communications Office

Director of Informatics R&D
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California Santa Barbara
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo

Co-PI, DataONE
https://dataone.org