[LTER-im-rep] Interim IMC governance

Philip Tarrant philip.tarrant at asu.edu
Wed Aug 17 06:55:28 MDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Just to recap what was agreed yesterday as we will need to vote on it on Thursday.

1.       It is proposed that we will not vote any new members onto IMexec this year.

2.       IMexec will operate with four members until we know how EDI will expect to interact with our community at which point the governance will be revisited.

3.       One of these four members will serve as temporary IMC chair, assuming someone is willing to do so.

4.       For future potential members the term may be reduced to two years in order to ensure a healthy rotation of members.

5.       Caveat 1: we may need to temporarily add a volunteer willing to act as EB rep in order to keep IMexec's workload manageable.

6.       Caveat 2: this interim structure may require that work be distributed widely amongst the rest of the IMC via the formation of adhoc teams to address tasks such as meeting planning, grant writing, etc.

As this proposal is a deviation from our normal Terms of Reference, we will need to vote on this change on Thursday.

If I have misinterpreted anything, please chime in.

Regards,
Philip Tarrant
Director, Informatics and Technology | Senior Sustainability Scientist
[http://sustainability.asu.edu/docs/gios/signature/images/logo.jpg]
P.O. Box 875402 | Tempe, Arizona | 85287-5402
PH: 480-727-7860   |   Main: 480-965-2975 | sustainability.asu.edu<http://sustainability.asu.edu/>