[LTER-im-rep] Testing our readiness for the next google rankings

Philip Tarrant philip.tarrant at asu.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:04:56 MDT 2015

It is worth noting that making a site responsive does not necessarily apply just to phones. It can make the site more presentable on smaller laptop monitors, and even if the browser window is not maximized on a desktop, it will behave better.

At GIOS we have already rolled out several sites based on the Twitter-Bootstrap responsive framework and will be moving on to CAP in advance of our proposal submission in the Spring. If anyone is looking at re-working their site using Bootstrap, feel free to get in touch if you hit problems. We will be happy to share our experience thus far.

Regards,
--
Philip Tarrant
Director, Informatics and Technology | Senior Sustainability Scientist