[LTER-im-rep] Testing our readiness for the next google rankings -- Possible ASM session(s)?

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:10:49 MDT 2015

Ditto the above.
SBC made being truly mobile-optimization a later priority for the same
reasons. In addition to phones, though, people are using tablets. Not
for data downloads, but web browsing and email. So I have lots of
questions that maybe some of you know the answers to.

These questions are rhetorical -- please don't answer! But a discussion
might make a good session for the ASM
1. where do I look in google-analytics to know if hits are via
computer|phone|tablet? what tools do you use if your university won't
let you use google-analytics?
2. what does 'mobile viewport not set' mean? is this a simple fix?
3. if I use a fluid design, then it sloshes all over when viewed on a
big monitor. what settings prevent that?

Obviously, I';d rather ask this group than do all the research myself.

And since we're speaking about the ASM and websites, there is another
topics:
4. micromarkup in datasets - what's the best way to add these to EML
(see http://schema.org)
I remember starting this discussion with Inigo after his databits
article. He was going to map the drupal/deims settings to EML paths

Note the new subject line, as I fork this thread.  I wanted to get
people thinking about 1-2 ASM sessions focused on websites.

thanks!
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien
Information Management