[LTER-hbr_grad] Short Hubbardbrook.org outage

Mary Martin mem at gromit.sr.unh.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:34:28 MDT 2016

Hubbard Brook grad students,
A major upgrade to the facility that houses the hubbardbrook.org server
will be happening on June 30. The initial
plan was to keep web servers online during the upgrade, but it turns out
now that they will not be able to do that.
The outage will occur at 7am, and could last from 2-5 hours.
-Mary

Hi,

There has been a major change in our plan for the June 30th data center outage. We will not have any backup battery power, as the test must shut off all power to the racks.

This means we will not be able to keep any servers online for the duration of the test.

Shutdown of systems will start at 7am and the anticipated downtime is 2-5 hours.

We will do our best to keep the network online.

Thanks,
Mark

--Mark Maciolek
Network Administrator