[LTER-education] sad news

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed May 20 09:03:04 PDT 2020

Hi folks,
I just heard from Anne Giblin, the PI of the PIE site with some very sad
news about Liz Duff. They are encouraging friends to post remembrances on
her facebook page (@Liz Duff) and make donations to environmental education
organizations.

If the committee would like to make a joint donation, I am happy to collect
contributions. For expediency, we can use my personal paypal account --
mdowns1963 at gmail.com or 617-833-7930. Just note that it's for Liz.

The entire PIE-LTER community mourns the tragic loss of Liz Duff, our
Education Coordinator and long time friend and colleague who died May 15.
Liz was a passionate educator and environmentalist.  There was nothing she
loved better than being in the field with her students, teaching them about
the marsh and how to protect it.  She has been the education coordinator of
the PIE LTER since our very beginning and made a tremendous contribution to
our program.  She always made sure we did not forget that education was a
critical part of our mission.  All of us will miss her greatly.  Her
obituary, and ways to honor her memory can be found at
https://obituaries.gloucestertimes.com/obituary/elizabeth-duff-1079218499

[image: Liz Duff.jpg]
--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)