[LTER-education] Nominate someone to join us at ASM!

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Thu Jun 28 08:54:26 PDT 2018

Dear LTER Ed Reps,

We (Kari, Jill, Caitlin and Sam) are writing to follow up about the $8K
allotted to the LTER education
committee each year. A few months ago we made a group decision to spend
these funds to bringing
people to the ASM who wouldn’t be able to make it otherwise. See this
documen
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19uy_8xA10yU9hsSoX9EH3WCLo6gN09Xz-1WGXtAugYc/edit?usp=sharing>t
for more
information about the discussion.

For more information about our process for making decisions, see here for the
by-laws <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xT0TaiQmt0NDdrbHRrdExubms>.

If you have someone in mind (e.g., a teacher, guest speaker) to bring to
ASM, please complete
this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBy8e6LISva98Rb65fcOsK5ii329uCRqdrnqme8SaLHof6yw/viewform>
with a short paragraph of nomination by 12pm (PST) on July 9th. We know
it's a quick turnaround and apologize for that! We’ll organize the
nominations and share out to the whole group with a draft decision for
moving forward by the July 12th meeting.

We especially encourage nominations for people who will:
 Provide professional development to Ed reps
 Provide an important perspective to our discussions (e.g., teachers,
specific expertise
missing from our group)
 Bring on as a partner

Thanks so much for your nominations, and let us know if you have any
questions!

Best,
Caitlin, Kari, Jill and Sam

--
Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator