[LTER-diversity] Scheduling LTER PI/DEI Meeting

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 29 10:16:38 PDT 2020

Dear LTER Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee,

We hope you all are surviving fires, hurricanes, plagues and one of the
most difficult fall terms in memory. In the midst of it all, research goes
on -- masked and distanced -- and so do mid-term reviews and proposals. At
each of the recent mid-term reviews, there have been hard questions about
what LTER sites are doing to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion in
ecology. LTER is privileged with a few assets that many other programs do
not have and so NSF has high expectations for what we can accomplish.

Following on the success of the Spring COVID-related PI meetings, the
Executive Board is proposing that we plan on ~4 PI meetings per year,
focused on site management topics that will benefit from additional
coordination. For the first of these meetings, we are proposing a joint
meeting with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, focused on
identifying LTER strategic strengths in this area and actions we can take
-- as sites and as a network -- in the short, medium, and longer term.

Please visit this when2meet poll THIS WEEK and enter your availability for
a 90-minute meeting in early December.
*https://www.when2meet.com/?10209715-JDyyu
<https://www.when2meet.com/?10209715-JDyyu>*

Thanks,
Diane McKnight, LTER Executive Board Chair
Marty Downs, LTER Network Office Director