[LTER-diversity] Realizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at LTERs

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 9 16:07:42 PST 2020

The LTER Network Office has engaged ADVANCE Geo to offer a workshop on
bystander intervention. The training, which has been presented at several
scientific societies to very positive reviews, will give participants the
tools and confidence to recognize and interrupt instances of bias and
harassment. Unlike many university and corporate trainings, the
workshop facilitators are colleagues in Earth and environmental science and
their approaches are useful even in remote field sites and in situations
where the observer has no formal authority.

Learn more and register for this Friday's workshop:
https://lternet.edu/stories/training-opportunity-bystander-intervention/ or
pass the word to others at your site.

We have 60 people registered, but can accommodate a couple dozen more.  I
notice that we have lots of registrations from some sites and want to make
sure that all who want to attend have at least heard about the opportunity.

Cheers, Marty