[LTER-diversity] Fwd: [Reu-geo] Wed. Panel discussion: Recruiting and supporting minoritized students

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 16 09:26:10 PST 2020

Dear LTER REU Coordinators and diversity committee--

Building a research relationship with minority-serving institutions and
community colleges is one proven way to do a better job of including
students and researchers who have not felt welcome in the past. REU-GEO is
organizing the workshop below on how to do a good job of it -- primarily
for REU coordinators and mentors -- but it should prove valuable for anyone
who is working to build those relationships.

I have a conflicting meeting, unfortunately, but if you go, I'd love a
check-in afterwards.

Thanks, Marty
---
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
805-893-7549 (o)  | 617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply.~~*