[LTER-commcom] Lemos et al paper

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 14 13:20:05 PDT 2020

Thanks Sarah--
Interesting and surprising, for sure -- but I'm not sure that students are
a very good analogue for professional practitioners, though. Their
motivations for using information are completely different. And their
predisposition to trusting the messenger, as well.
-m

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:16 PM Sarah Garlick <
sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org> wrote:

> This is the paper I mentioned today during the call. I haven't read it in
> a while, so my memory of the key findings could be off, but it's an
> interesting study.
>
> The Closer, the Better? Untangling Scientist–Practitioner Engagement,
> Interaction, and Knowledge Use
> Lemos et al., 2019, American Meteorological Society
> https://doi.org/10.1175/WCAS-D-18-0075.1
> https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/WCAS-D-18-0075.1
>
> --
> Sarah Garlick