[LTER-All-lter] sharing 2016 summer/REU applications

Hart, Clarisse hart3 at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 11 09:45:17 MST 2016

Dear LTER colleagues,
Each year, the REU-based Summer Research Program at Harvard Forest receives applications from many more qualified applicants than we can accept. This year we asked applicants if we could share their applications with programs similar to ours.

Many of our applicants said yes. So, we're offering other programs or individual PIs with funding supplements the opportunity to review these 400+ applications and follow up with the students directly.

The applicant pool includes students from all over the country, primarily undergrads but a few recently graduated students.  Majors range from computer science, math, and engineering to biology, ecology, chemistry, geology, natural resources, and a few humanities. Applications can be reviewed online in a password-protected database with students' basic information (institution, major, class year) plus a short essay, 1-2 letters of reference, and a listing of relevant courses and grades.

If you would be interested in reviewing the applications in our database (and giving feedback on how it works for you), please contact our Summer Program Coordinator, Manisha Patel (manishapatel at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:manishapatel at fas.harvard.edu>) and include information about your program.

Thanks!
Clarisse

Clarisse Hart | Outreach & Development Manager for Education & Research Programs
Harvard Forest | Harvard University | 324 North Main Street, Petersham MA 01366
hart3 at fas.harvard.edu | Main: 978-724-3302 | Direct: 978-756-6157

On the web:
harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu
facebook.com/theharvardforest<http://www.facebook.com/theharvardforest>