[LTER-All-lter] Additional guidance for ILTER travel funds

Frank Davis frank.davis at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 11 18:39:23 MST 2016

Colleagues,

For those interested in applying for travel funds to attend the ILTER
meeting in Kruger National Park, please read on.

In my last email I noted that the NCO has partial or full funding for 2
individuals per site. This begs the question of whether sites should
nominate 2 individuals. *We are asking interested individuals to apply
directly to the NCO via Jordan Halland (halland at nceas.ucsb.edu
<halland at nceas.ucsb.edu>).*  If we receive requests from more than 2
individuals at a site, we will send the list of applicants to the site
PI(s) to rank the applications. We hope this will reduce the demands on
PIs' time.

Please be aware that our funding supplement for ILTER travel ($61k) cannot
pay full travel for 2 participants from every site, only partial or full
support for up to 2 individuals per site. We will do our best with limited
resources!

With best regards,
FD

--

Frank W. Davis
Director, LTER Network Communications Office