[LTER-usiltercom] notes and next meeting

Tiffany Troxler troxlert at fiu.edu
Tue Sep 8 11:56:05 PDT 2020

Hi everyone

Thanks for your participation in our US LTER international committee meeting on August 28.

Please find a few notes below and ppt attached we reviewed during the meeting.

Key areas of work:

  *   Proposals/new research activities - Accelnet (with focus on "team science"); opportunities for early career learning exchange; and identifying and encouraging "simple" distributed projects (e.g., Tea Bag) or focused networks (e.g., nature-based solutions in urban envts)
  *   Stimulating international exchange in between Open Science Meetings (OSM) - webinars (NATURA will be one opportunity to highlight ILTER), what others are out there --> let's organize and invite speakers on topics we are interested in, focusing on early career
  *   Activate an Americas regional network
  *   ALSO LTER EB - we didn't get a chance to cover this, but please consider and bring to our next meeting a focused question or 2 that we can use to prompt discussion at the next EB.

Action Items:

  *   Please be thinking about what proposals/research activities youd like to help foster and let's discuss at next meeting, including a focused question or 2 that we can use to prompt discussion at the next EB.

  *   Please let us know if you'd like to help work on stimulating exchange between OSM

  *   Please let us know if you'd like to be involved with work to help reactivate Americas and Africa regional networks -- Nancy and Mark has a number of ideas for contacts. Bill offered to foster Americas work. Also let us know if you may have a colleague who may be interested in contributing.

  *   Tiffany and Nancy will request IT support from NCO for webinar series

  *   Please fill the gotomeeting poll to schedule our next meeting.

                    http://whenisgood.net/zn3sbkj<https://whenisgood.net/zn3sbkj>

Thanks!
Tiffany
Tiffany G. Troxler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Earth and Environment &
Director of Science, Sea Level Solutions Center,
Institute of Environment, an FIU Preeminent Program
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL, 33199
Office: 305-348-1453, AHC5-368
Lab Office: 305-348-7479, VH 332