[LTER-sbc_help] Hubbard Brook - Connecting Science to Policy and Practice

Hubbard Brook Research Foundation alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Fri Feb 26 09:18:10 PST 2021

 ‌ ‌ February 26, 2021 Promoting the understanding and stewardship of forest ecosystems through scientific research and monitoring, policy outreach, and education Greetings, Hubbard Brook Community! This morning I received the following message from Charlotte Harris, Constituent Service & Outreach Coordinator for U.S. Congresswoman Annie Kuster (NH-02): I wanted to share that Congresswoman Kuster used Hubbard Brook statistics on climate change during her remarks in a House Agriculture Hearing yesterday. We can’t say enough how useful it is to have quantitative evidence from our very district to point to the effects of climate change, so thanks to you and your researchers for the incredible work you do! Many Hubbard Brook scientists contributed to fact sheets and participated in briefings with Congresswoman Kuster and other members of NH's congressional delegation over the past several years. Thank you for sharing your science with decision-makers. Your work is resonating, and it is making a difference! Click here to listen to U.S. Congresswoman Kuster's remarks featuring Hubbard Brook science. Anthea Lavallee HBRF Executive Director Mark Your Calendars and Register Today! March 8 Youth Climate and Clean Energy Forum HBRF is teaming up on another youth outreach event in partnership with the League of Conservation Voters, the Revers Energy Center at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, ReVision Energy, Stonyfield Organic, and Sustainable Futures Consulting. Join us for discussions and breakout sessions featuring: environmental and clean energy students, regional and national climate leaders, New Hampshire’s congressional delegation, scientists, business leaders, and environmental justice champions. The Youth Forum will be held virtually on March 8 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. ET. Together we will raise awareness of the new climate and energy action plans while providing a platform for young people to share their knowledge, concerns, and hopes for the future! Hubbard Brook researchers and recent participants in our Young Voices of Science initiative will be featured!  CLICK TO REGISTER Connecting Science to Policy and Practice Connecting science to people on the front lines of environmental decision-making is a key component of our mission. We do not advocate for specific policy outcomes, and our approach to science-policy outreach is non-partisan and equal-opportunity. Thank you for believing in this work, and stay tuned for new initiatives that link science and scientists to people and issues on the ground. The Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. Hubbard Brook Research Foundation | 30 Pleasant St., Woodstock, VT 05091 Unsubscribe sbc_help at lternet.edu Update Profile | Customer Contact Data Notice Sent by alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org powered by Try email marketing for free today!