[LTER-sbc_help] COVID-19 and Hubbard Brook

Hubbard Brook Research Foundation alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Thu Mar 19 12:01:00 PDT 2020

 COVID-19 and Hubbard Brook Hubbard Brook’s leadership came together early last week to implement a plan for restricted access to our public spaces and minimized social interaction. No other agenda. Just rapid, reasoned, fact-based actions to protect the people and the science.   The safety of our co-workers, colleagues, and partners is always top priority. As circumstances change, leadership will continue to assess the risks and respond appropriately. We are also taking the opportunity to consider what we have to offer under these new circumstances. HBRF and our Forest Service partners are organizing virtual classroom visits with scientists. Our goal is to boost the science curriculum for elementary, middle, and high school students who are transitioning to remote learning during this difficult time.   Through this crisis, Hubbard Brook is looking for ways to step up. We will also make an extra effort to curate and share our online resources, especially via our social media channels. Tune in on Twitter and Facebook: @HubbardBrookNH  Thanks for being a part of this very special community, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have ideas or questions. Sincerely, Anthea Lavallee HBRF Executive Director P.S. If you are looking for videoconferencing tips, ask a Hubbard Brook person. Our tight-knit network of nation-wide collaborators is living proof that it’s possible to stay close and build relationships even at a distance.    Established in 1993, the Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to bridging the gaps between science and society through education, communication, and public outreach on behalf of Hubbard Brook. Hubbard Brook Research Foundation | 30 Pleasant St., Woodstock, VT 05091 Unsubscribe sbc_help at lternet.edu Update Profile | About Constant Contact Sent by alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org in collaboration with Try email marketing for free today!