[LTER-sbc_all] SBC LTER Annual Meeting - RESPONSE REQUESTED

reed dan.reed at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 31 09:30:42 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Please mark your calendars!!  SBC LTER's Annual All Scientists Meeting
is scheduled for 1 to 8 pm*Friday November 18, 2016 *in the Marine
Science Research Building.  This year's meeting will feature an overview
and status report on the project by Dan Reed and more detailed research
presentations by post docs Max Castorani, Rosana Aguilera Becker and
Jason Smith (*see attached agenda*). We will also have an interactive
poster session followed by a group discussion on planning for our
renewal proposal due in early 2018.

All participants (especially students) are encouraged to share their
work in the form of a recent poster. Poster presenters are asked to
prepare a 1 minute, 1 slide powerpoint presentation aimed at introducing
themselves and the content of their poster. Please do not hesitate to
contact Jenny Dugan (jenny.dugan at lifesci.ucsb.edu) if you have any
questions concerning the preparation of your poster and powerpoint
introduction.

To aid us in planning, please reply to Jenny
(jenny.dugan at lifesci.ucsb.edu) with the following information as soon as
possible, but no later than *November 7th* (check all options that apply):

I will ____ will not____attend the 2016 SBC LTER Annual All Scientist
Meeting:

I will ____ will not____present a poster and 1 minute talk
I will ____ will not____attend the dinner on Friday night

Reimbursement for travel expenses for non-UCSB participants is available
upon request.Please contact Jenny (jenny.dugan at lifesci.ucsb.edu) as soon
as possible if you have this need.Also please let her know of any
dietary restrictions for the dinner menu.

We look forward to seeing you all for a lively and interesting gathering.

Many thanks,

Dan and Jenny

--
Dan Reed