[LTER-nco] data on LTER net work web site

Sevanto, Sanna Annika sanna at lanl.gov
Tue May 16 11:54:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm writing to ask whether one could use the LTER data portal for publishing data from a project that is not included in the LTER network.

We have been running a field site at Los Alamos National Laboratory for studying tree survival and mortality in pinon-juniper woodland under precipitation and temperature manipulations representing expected conditions in 2100. The project is funded by DOE, and to comply to DOE requirements for making the data publicly available, we need to find a website for the data. The DOE recommended website CIDIAC under Oak Ridge National Laboratory will not be maintained anymore, and we have been discouraged to add our data there, without giving any new recommendation.

Please let me know if it would be possible to include the data in LTER datasets, even if the project has not been part of LTER. We have very similar datasets to those from the Sevilleta drought and irrigation experiments for years 2012-2017. If some agreement between LTER and us is needed to include the dataset in LTER, please let me know and we can discuss. Our project is ending in Sept 2017 because of discontinued funding, so the data set is what it is, and we have no knowledge of the continuation of the site at the moment.

Thank you,
Sanna Sevanto

Sanna Sevanto
Research Scientist