[LTER-nco-training] training and professional development opportunities young African Experts

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 24 09:24:32 MDT 2016

Hi Cosmas,
Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to say that the training mission of the
LTER Network Office doesn't extend beyond the US LTER Network, so all I can
really offer you is a few pointers to other opportunities.

   - I know DataONE offers regular webinars
   <https://www.dataone.org/webinars> and other occasional training
   opportunities in data science and ecoinformatics.
   - The Nature Conservancy has a great postdoc program, NatureNet Fellows
   <http://www.nature.org/science-in-action/naturenet-science-fellowship.xml>,
   for exceptional young scientists from around the world. The Liber Ero
   <http://liberero.ca/about-liberero-program/> program is also open to
   postdocs from any country.
   - LTER Working groups <https://lternet.edu/rfp-2016-fall> are open to
   applications from outside the LTER Network, but the project must
   incorporate a substantial amount of US LTER data.
   - SNAPP Working Groups <http://snappartnership.net/about/> are not
   geographically limited.

Hope this is helpful. Sorry to disappoint.
Cheers,
Marty

Marty Downs
Communications Lead
LTER Network Communications Office (LTER NCO)
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=7e63967daf&e=[UNIQID]>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu