[LTER-mcm-pi] papers of interest to MCM5

Priscu, John jpriscu at montana.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:58:00 MDT 2015

Byron et al.,

The Konopka and Roller papers really address some of the issues we discussed during our last LTER telecom. I attached the Llorens-Mares paper to remind us that we have a large euxenic population in the deep water of Fryxell with an "ecotone" at the oxycline. Recent experiments that I have done show high rates of methane oxidation at the oxyclines in FRX, WLB and ELB. These ecotones are relatively stable, but any major mixing events will disrupt them. We could try a few transplant experiments in dialysis bags to see how function and diversity change when the oxycline populations are displaced.

JP