[LTER-mcm-pi] A couple minutes of Awesome...

Michael Gooseff Michael.Gooseff at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 18 12:16:26 MDT 2015

Hi all,

One of the things I do in my lab group meetings is start out with 2 minutes of awesome - we go around the group and everyone gets to update the rest of us on what successes they have had since we last met (I borrowed this technique from a colleague).  This ends up taking longer than expected, of course.  I’d like to suggest that we start our teleconfs with something similar, but modify to just give an update from your group if you have a new noteworthy event (new paper published, new grant, award, etc.).  I’ll start with that process this afternoon (see if we can keep it to 2 min total).  Shouldn’t be long, just give us news and we can follow up with links, etc. in the meeting notes that we distribute afterward.

To whet your appetite, here’s some press and pics from Diana’s Ulysses Medal Ceremony - http://source.colostate.edu/udp-diana-wall-receives-2015-ulysses-medal/ <http://source.colostate.edu/udp-diana-wall-receives-2015-ulysses-medal/>

Talk to you/see you soon.

cheers
-Mike

Michael Gooseff, Associate Professor
Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research
Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0450

email: michael.gooseff at colorado.edu <mailto:michael.gooseff at colorado.edu>
web: http://goosefflab.weebly.com <http://goosefflab.weebly.com/>