[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: submitted workshop proposal

Andrew Fountain andrew at pdx.edu
Fri Jun 12 22:27:13 MDT 2015

Thanks Mike for forwarding that.  I guess I'm not invited.  I'll have Joe
Levy cover the LiDAR stuff that we're working on.

Andrew

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Michael Gooseff <
Michael.Gooseff at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> *Terrific news* - JP set aside all other things for part of this week to
> focus on the MDV Evnironmental Workshop proposal to NSF.  As we discussed
> on the call last week, Lisa wasn’t sure if they would have funds available
> but this is being seriously considered by her (and Polly), and if it can’t
> be done this FY (i.e., awarded before 30 Sept), it is a good start for the
> next FY, and the next AISS program manager.  Having Polly lobby from inside
> NSF will likely help as well.
>
> So, THANKS, JOHN!
>
> Please note that the list of attendees is not complete;  if this moves
> forward, a broader discussion with suggestions of others to consider will
> be warranted.  Of course, the grant can only afford to support travel for
> so many folks, so adding some folks may require replacement of others on
> the list…
>
> cheers
> -Mike
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *"Priscu, John" <jpriscu at montana.edu>
> *Subject: **submitted workshop proposal*
> *Date: *June 12, 2015 at 11:13:21 AM MDT
> *To: *"Berry Lyons (lyons.142 at osu.edu)" <lyons.142 at osu.edu>, "Diana H.
> Wall (diana at nrel.colostate.edu)" <diana at nrel.colostate.edu>, "Peter Doran
> (pdoran at lsu.edu)" <pdoran at lsu.edu>, "Adrian Howkins (
> Adrian.Howkins at colostate.edu)" <Adrian.Howkins at colostate.edu>
> *Cc: *Michael Gooseff <mgooseff at engr.colostate.edu>
>
> It took me 4 hours to write the proposal and 2 days to get all of the
> ancillary stuff together and obtain clearance from MSU.
>
> JP

Andrew G. Fountain

Department of Geology
Department of Geography

Address:                            FedEx/Shipping Address:
Department of Geology        Department of Geology
Portland State University      17 Cramer Hall
Portland, OR  97207-0751    Portland State University
USA                                   1721 SW Broadway
                                          Portland, OR 97201
Email:  andrew at pdx.edu      USA
http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu
Phone:  503-725-3386