[LTER-mcm-pi] feedback on MDVs Environmental Stewardship page, please?

Andrew Fountain andrew at pdx.edu
Wed Jul 29 12:30:07 MDT 2015

Mike,

Here you go, some quick edits.

Andrew

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Michael Gooseff <
michael.gooseff at colorado.edu> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  In working with Inigo and Tina on the web page the past few days, I came
> to realize that we do not have a page dedicated to *Environmental
> Stewardship*.  I thought we had one on the old site, but I could not find
> it.  (I did find an html version of the report from the 1998 Chicago
> meeting)  It seems to me we should have such a page that provides some
> overview of the efforts, our contributions, and links to the workshop
> reports.  It should be informative, but statically stable (i.e., not
> require a lot of updating).  This would be especially good to feature with
> our upcoming workshop in spring 2016…  It also distinguishes us a bit from
> other sites given the unique nature of our site (managed/regulated by
> treaty, not anyone’s property), so it will be good to have available for
> the renewal effort too.
>
>  Attached is a Word document with a first shot at some text we could put
> on an Environmental Stewardship web page.  Yes, John, I pulled some
> inspiration from the Project Summary of your recent workshop proposal (but
> none of the text is the same).  I have ALSO pasted in the same text below.
>
>  I’m seeking your help in making sure this represents the efforts well.
> Most of us young PIs were not involved in these meetings in the past and I
> want to make sure we are representing accurately (and succinctly if
> possible)...
>
>  *Could you please provide feedback by next Monday? *  You can do so by
> either editing below in a reply to all or using Track Changes and editing
> the attachment, and then reply to all with edited version.
>
>  Many thanks in advance.
>
>  cheers
> -Mike

Andrew G. Fountain

Department of Geology
Department of Geography

Address:                            FedEx/Shipping Address:
Department of Geology        Department of Geology
Portland State University      17 Cramer Hall
Portland, OR  97207-0751    Portland State University
USA                                   1721 SW Broadway
                                          Portland, OR 97201
Email:  andrew at pdx.edu      USA
http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu
Phone:  503-725-3386