[LTER-mcm-pi] feedback on MDVs Environmental Stewardship page, please?

Wall,Diana Diana.Wall at colostate.edu
Sat Aug 1 14:02:23 MDT 2015

Hi Mike, Sorry to be late on this. I have some edits, use or not, maybe JP/ Tina want to clarify a bit?

On Jul 29, 2015, at 12:30 PM, Andrew Fountain <andrew at pdx.edu<mailto:andrew at pdx.edu>> wrote:

Mike,

Here you go, some quick edits.

Andrew

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Michael Gooseff <michael.gooseff at colorado.edu<mailto:michael.gooseff at colorado.edu>> wrote:
Hi all,

In working with Inigo and Tina on the web page the past few days, I came to realize that we do not have a page dedicated to Environmental Stewardship.  I thought we had one on the old site, but I could not find it.  (I did find an html version of the report from the 1998 Chicago meeting)  It seems to me we should have such a page that provides some overview of the efforts, our contributions, and links to the workshop reports.  It should be informative, but statically stable (i.e., not require a lot of updating).  This would be especially good to feature with our upcoming workshop in spring 2016…  It also distinguishes us a bit from other sites given the unique nature of our site (managed/regulated by treaty, not anyone’s property), so it will be good to have available for the renewal effort too.

Attached is a Word document with a first shot at some text we could put on an Environmental Stewardship web page.  Yes, John, I pulled some inspiration from the Project Summary of your recent workshop proposal (but none of the text is the same).  I have ALSO pasted in the same text below.

I’m seeking your help in making sure this represents the efforts well.  Most of us young PIs were not involved in these meetings in the past and I want to make sure we are representing accurately (and succinctly if possible)...

Could you please provide feedback by next Monday?   You can do so by either editing below in a reply to all or using Track Changes and editing the attachment, and then reply to all with edited version.

Many thanks in advance.

cheers
-Mike

Andrew G. Fountain

Department of Geology
Department of Geography

Address:                            FedEx/Shipping Address:
------------------------                 --------------------------
Department of Geology        Department of Geology
Portland State University      17 Cramer Hall
Portland, OR  97207-0751    Portland State University
USA                                   1721 SW Broadway
                                          Portland, OR 97201
Email:  andrew at pdx.edu<mailto:andrew at pdx.edu>      USA
http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu<http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu/>
Phone:  503-725-3386