[LTER-luq] CTE2 special issue...

Aaron Shiels ashiels at hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 10 06:58:30 PDT 2018

Hi All

Nice to see everyone last month at the annual meeting.  To follow up on the
planning for the CTE2 special issue, Grizelle and I have put together a
draft list of anticipated papers (with probable co-authors).  We wanted to
ensure we didn't miss any papers or authors that wanted to contribute, so
please check this over and add additional papers that you would commit to
contributing (or provide edits to existing ones listed).  Please send an
email to me and Grizelle stating any changes by July 24.

We are planning for all CTE2 papers to be submitted to the special issue
journal by May 31, 2019.

As a reminder, this special issue will highlight the effects of the second
trimming/treatments within the CTE plots.  We are most interested in
synthesizing how a second treatment affected forest biota and processes,
and how the responses differed from the first CTE treatment responses.
Because of the pronounced drought the year following CTE2 treatments, those
effects are likely to be included.  Additionally, some authors may also
wish to share the initial responses to Maria from data gathered from the
CTE plots. Thus, we have talked about posing the CTE2 special issue as
covering our manipulations as well as interactions with subsequent
(natural) disturbances.

Thanks all for your interest and participation!

Aaron and Grizelle