[LTER-luq] Congratulations to TRACE Intern Talia Anderson!!

Tana Wood wood.tana at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:12:21 PDT 2017

 Hi All!  Please extend your congratulations to TRACE Intern Talia
Anderson, who was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to conduct research in
Chile!!
The Fulbright U.S. Scholars Program is a highly competitive exchange
program, accepting just 23% of those that apply. Its alumni populate a
range of professions including ambassadors, members of Congress, judges,
heads of corporations, university presidents, journalists, artists,
professors, and teachers.  For Talia's Fulbright research project she will
be correlating tree ring data with long term LIDAR and remote sensing data
to assess how wetlands in the Chilean Altiplano have changed through time.  In
addition to becoming a Fulbright Scholar, Talia has also been accepted to
the M.S. program at two graduate schools (University of Minnesota and
Uiversity of Arizona).
For those of you who do not know Talia, she came to Puerto Rico almost a
year ago as an Intern with the Luquillo LTER where she worked for four
months conducting the tree census and litterfall studies.  Upon completing
her internship with the LTER, Talia came over to TRACE where she has worked
with us for the past 6 months on a wide range of projects.
We extend our deepest congratulations to Talia.  She has an incredibly
bright future ahead of her and we are honored to have been able to play a
small role in her journey!

--The TRACE team!