[LTER-luq] LUQ Logo design contest

Sarah Stankavich sarahstankavich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:58:29 MST 2016

Hi All -

As we mentioned briefly at the January planning meeting, we have decided to
hold a competition to choose an official logo for LUQ for use at
conferences, on the website/social media sites, on documents, and
potentially on branded items! Details of the competition are attached (and
pasted below), as well as a document with examples of other LTER logos for
inspiration.

We encourage everyone to participate, even if you are not artistically
inclined. Feel free to submit a rough sketch or even just a text
description of your idea. The top 5 designs will be displayed at the June
meeting, where you will be able to cast your vote for your favorite! The
winning designer will receive a $250 travel award.

The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2016. Good luck!

Sarah
------

*Design brief: LUQ-LTER Logo*

- Scope: Branding for items (t-shirts, coffee mugs, hats, etc) as well as
for use at conferences/presentations, social media, website, etc.
- Target market: General public
- Colors: Natural color schemes
- Logo style: Open. See http://www.nodinx.com/5-basic-types-of-logos/ for
examples of various logo styles

Possible ideas for inspiration:
- Tropical locale
- El Yunque biota
- Disturbance
- Linking forest and streams
- LTER network (LUQ established in 1988)
- Long term data

*CONTEST:*
- All are welcome to participate, even if the submission is an idea in text
only. Simultaneously, we will post the design brief on a contest style
website where designers compete for a small cash prize. The top 5 logos
will be displayed at the LUQ LTER annual meeting June 9 and 10 where all
attendees will be encouraged to vote for their favorite. The winning logo
will be sent to a professional graphic artist to complete the final product
(Note that there may be some changes to the final design based on the
advice of the artist)

Attached is a file with the logos of other LTER sites, as well as various
logos from organizations in Puerto Rico for inspiration.

Please submit your designs to SarahStankavich at gmail.com

*Deadline for submissions: May 15*, *2016*

--
Sarah Stankavich
LUQ-LTER Coordinator