[LTER-luq] LTER award moving forward

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Tue Feb 23 13:36:08 MST 2016

Hi All,

Today the recommendation for funding  the renewal of the Luquillo LTER
appeared on the FastLane webpage.  I attach the panel summary that was
posted there.  The comments of the panel are, for the most part, laudatory.
Congratulations to all for producing a proposal that shined so brightly!

Recall that the need for a virtual panel, held on January 6 and composed of
the reviewers convened last September, was one of a number of issues that
have held up the award until now.  We have a recommended award date of
March 1.  If the Division of Grants and Agreements, which completes the
processing of the award letter, has no issues, this date should hold as the
final award date.  Let's hope that is the case.

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 80903
Mobile: 787-380-3311