[LTER-luq] Prep for January Meeting: ASSIGNMENT

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Thu Dec 1 10:22:29 PST 2016

Hi All,

I am writing to give some guidance on the agenda for the January Meeting of
the Luquillo LTER.  Again, this will be over three days beginning Noon on
Tuesday, January 10.

I will soon prepare a detailed agenda for the meeting.  Here, in the
attached document I lay out the goals for the meeting so you can see
generally what we intend to accomplish.

There is also described there a short ASSIGNMENT, which is to give us a
three sentence description about how our long-term data (LTD) inform your
research.  This will contribute to the development of our next proposal.
Note the deadline of January 4.

I also include the working draft of the Site Review agenda.  At the top I
have listed the folks we are asking to make verbal presentations at the
Site Review so that they know their attendance is essential.  (In reality,
you are all essential to me, but people are already getting pulled away for
other things, so I need to emphasize whose participation we think is needed
most.)  These folks will give sketch versions of their presentations at the
January Meeting. I am giving them time to be prepared. In this way we can
give feedback and generate coherence in our group.

We also need a LIST OF PROPOSAL PRESENTATIONS.  Those who feel they can
present the results of a study involving or linked to a LTD and one of the
current hypotheses are invited to prepare a poster for the Site Review.  At
the January Meeting each poster presenter will give a lightening talk on
their poster.  This will provide feedback and group coherence. Please do
this ASAP.

I know this comes at a busy time of the semester, but I wanted to give you
plenty of lead time to think about and and act on our goals for the
meeting.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  FYI, I will be at
the AGU meeting later this month, so I am happy to arrange a time to talk
there.

Thanks,

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311