[LTER-luq] FW: El Yunque NF closed until further notice

Gonzalez, Grizelle -FS ggonzalez at fs.fed.us
Thu Apr 28 06:56:42 MDT 2016

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Krupp, Carolyn J -FS
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:29 AM
To: FS-pdl r8 El Yunque NF all <pdl_r8_El_Yunque_NF_all at ms.fs.fed.us>; FS-pdl iitf all <pdl_iitf_all at ms.fs.fed.us>
Subject: FW: El Yunque NF closed until further notice

El Yunque NF is currently closed until further notice.  We had a small landslide on Rd 191 due to heavy rains yesterday.  We will also be in contact with the weather service for information on their prediction for rain later today before determining when we can re-open.

A search and rescue operation continues along the Rio Mameyes for a potential drowning victim.   Search and rescue operations are set up at El Portal and the Miramonte tract, so we have decided to keep El Portal closed to the public at this time to facilitate these efforts.

We will keep all informed with any updates.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Carolyn Krupp
El Yunque National Forest

Sent from my iPad