[LTER-luq] minimal field lists for specific studies

edacorreo@yahoo.com edacorreo at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 07:58:14 MDT 2015

Sorry. I misunderstood a question from a scientist that was really asking about a list of essential fields to document a biological data set. In other words, he was asking about metadata and not data.
I guess the word "metadata" is not really widely used and since he asked for a minimal list of fields for data files, I thought for some areas of  investigation there might be a minimal list of measurements investigator should do when conducting a specific experiment. I realized he was talking about metadata after we talked about it some more.

Thank you for telling me you did not understand my question...probably nobody did and I can clarify it to the rest of the group.

EDA
Sent from my HTC Oneā„¢ X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone