[LTER-luq] Save the Date: January 12-13 2016

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Wed Jul 29 06:37:39 MDT 2015

Dear Luquettes,

Please set aside the dates January 12-13, 2016 for a one and a half day
Planning Meeting for the Luquillo LTER (with travel on the 11th, returning
late on the 13th or on the 14th).  Assuming our LTER will be refunded (and
it will be), we will need a meeting to hit the ground running on any new
research.   New funding will start December 1, 2015.

The timing of this is not negotiable.  It is impossible to pick dates that
all can attend.  These are the earliest workable dates in January for UPR
and we avoided the historically used MLK Holiday as being too late for
some.  We will be prepared to conduct the meeting via telecommunication to
avoid travel for those starting the semester around that time. If you
simply cannot attend, it is understandable and we will make sure to get
your input in advance of the meeting and provide plenty of feedback
afterwards.  I hope you understand.

The agenda will be to go over the new proposal hypothesis by hypothesis,
review our goals, and finalize our plans to achieve them.  The "Mid-term
Review" will be sometime in mid 2017 (this reflects a change in policy at
NSF to avoid an immediate review of sites coming off of probation), so our
objective will be to have "deliverables" available by that time.  We will
submit a new renewal proposal in Spring of 2018.

I plan to have our regular Luquillo LTER Annual Meeting during the Thursday
and Friday of the first full week in June as held in recent years.  Thus,
the next annual meeting should be June 9 - 10 and will be conducted back to
back with the Luquillo CZO program.  These dates will be finalized at the
first SEAC meeting in September.

More soon and see you at ESA,

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Direct Office Line: 787-350-0350
Or: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 2867
   El Verde Field Station: 4381
Mobile: 787-380-3311