[LTER-luq] AGU poster on drought

Alonso Ramirez aramirez at ramirezlab.net
Mon Aug 3 13:53:06 MDT 2015

All,

Aquatic insects are showing some interesting patterns. Here is some
preliminary work by our REU student, Roberto Reyes, on insect richness and
abundance. He compared June 2015, the last column, with samples from
selected rainy and dry months (not labeled here).  At least during June,
things were looking good from insects ... we are loosing habitat now.

Those of you on island, come and see the REU posters on Wednesday, 1pm, in
the lobby of Natural Sciences.

Best,

Alonso

Alonso Ramírez

Professor / Director El Verde Field Station
Dept. Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras campus
P.O. Box 190341, San Juan PR 00919

Tel. 787-764-0000, ext. 88194
http://www.ramirezlab.net/
https://www.facebook.com/UPRRamirezLab