[LTER-luq-pi] Fwd: Luquillo LTER progress report

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Mon Feb 27 05:51:32 PST 2017

Hi Folks,

I received this from Lou Kaplan on Friday, asking for the progress report
by tomorrow.  I will ask for a delay to submit the progress report to the
end of the week.   I forgot to get back to him about the specific timing.

So, it's crunch time . . .

I attach a draft of the progress report.  I decided while working on it
over the weekend to try to make the site science a more focused document
rather than a large compilation of results.  Progress is shown under each
hypothesis as a series of 2 - 5 bulleted information points that address
the workplans, key results, and changes that have been made.  Text at the
beginning of each question will include graphics or photographs -- I have
developed this for Question 1 along these lines as an example.  I am trying
to make this easy for the team to follow so that when further information
is provided, it has a clear context rather than provide all of that
information up front.  (Otherwise, it would be like writing a book - we do
a lot!).

So, I think this is doable if we focus on a report of our progress and not
an entire site review book we have done in the past.  We can roll out an
appendix with more research results in the coming two weeks (once I have
compiled the field presentations) and key site information before they
travel.  This will keep them focused.

Here's my plan for the progress report:

1.  Please tell me your availability this week to work on the Progress
Report.  I will assign you sections to help me with during the week.  At
the minimum I need help with the site science sections that you are most
involved in.

2.  We will meet and review what I have provided tomorrow at our regular
meeting.

3.  I will revise the report on Wednesday and provide a second complete
version at the end of the day.

4.  I will receive comments from you (or we can meet or both) by Thursday
end of day.

5.  I will revise and submit the report on Friday.

Meanwhile, today I will work on the text of the cross-site work (I only
have the outline) and will make lists of data sets and core areas that
apply to each hypothesis.  I will submit these latter today to you
separately.

I am sorry for the High Anxiety.  I have been too focused on the scheduling
of activities and got caught short by the short month.

I am available for a call if you want to talk,

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311