[LTER-lno] Fwd: condolences and thanks

John Vande Castle jvc at LTERnet.edu
Tue Aug 11 09:32:45 MDT 2015

Gee, it sounds like somebody died.  I guess in a way "somebody" did.

I am also sure there are also people who think -"well, good".  I will
bet they are going to be unpleasantly surprised when the "FIRST OFFICE"
(as NCEAS describes it) isn't dedicated to advancing a single program,
just as NSF no longer has a person dedicated to LTER.  An organization
with a short-term memory (and a poor one at that) certainly isn't the
ideal home for a long-term program.

  -jvc