[LTER-im] EDI Update November 2021

SUSANNE GROSSMAN CLARKE grossmanclar at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 4 09:10:26 PDT 2021

[EDI logo]<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/>ENVIRONMENTAL DATA INITIATIVE
https://environmentaldatainitiative.org
Follow EDI on Twitter: @EDIdatapackages<https://twitter.com/EDIdatapackages> and @EDIgotData<https://twitter.com/edigotdata>
Virtual Office Hours:<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edi-office-hours/> Wednesdays, 3-4PM ET
________________________________
EDI Update - November 2021

2022 EDI Summer Fellowship Program
We are now accepting applications from research projects and field stations interested in hosting an EDI Fellow next Summer. Application Form<https://forms.gle/44V9bTFD83Xk72SW8> - The deadline is Dec. 31. This will be the 5th year of our Fellowship Program!
Read more><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edi-dm-fellowship-program/>

EDI at the AGU Fall Meeting (Dec 13-17, 2021)
We will present on a variety of great topics such as "FAIR-TRUST-CARE Principles for Environmental Data Repositories", "How Rich Science Metadata is Key to a Successful Data Repository" and Is a Distributed Graduate Seminar a Successful Way to Share Information Management Expertise with Students?"
EDI's contributions><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/webinars-events/edi-agu-2021/>

Updates to User-contributed Journal Citation Interface on the EDI Data Portal
Our Data Portal interface now includes more granular information regarding the type of citation being submitted.
Read more><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/2021/11/02/updates-journal-citation-data-portal/>

Normalization of Creator Names in EDI's Data Portal
The Advanced Search feature of EDI’s Data Portal lets you select a dataset Creator name from a drop-down list of all dataset creators in our repository. We are now using the normalized Creator names.
Read more><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/2021/11/02/normalization-creator-names-edi/>

Featured Data Contribution
[https://mcusercontent.com/c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea/images/55eb23ba-fe01-846d-a698-1e69b76e7739.jpg] "Journey North Hummingbird and Monarch Butterfly observations by volunteer community scientists across Central and North America"<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edis-featured-data-contributions/jn-hummingbird-monarch/> are a great example of citizen science data published and hosted in EDI. Journey North<https://journeynorth.org/> is a crowdsourced community science program that encourages people in tracking wildlife migration. Photo: Monarch butterfly (credit: Journey North<https://journeynorth.org/monarchs/news/fall-2021/09012021-migration-gaining-momentum>). Read more><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edis-featured-data-contributions/jn-hummingbird-monarch/>

Webinars

We host our webinars on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 2pm Eastern Time (11am Pacific). For connection information, please check our website<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/webinars-events/> and events calendar<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/calendar/>.

  *   Nov. 16, 2021: "Keep Your Science Up to Date with EDI Repository Event Notifications.” Colin Smith (EDI). Connection information<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqcuivrD4pG9AwHKz5qm3nb-mEgROLxYZx>.
  *   Jan. 19, 2021: "EDI Town Hall."

Please contact us at info at environmentaldatainitiative.org<mailto:info at environmentaldatainitiative.org> if you:

  *   have requests for a webinar topic.
  *   would consider an EDI data publishing workshop<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/data-publishing-workshops/> at your institution.