[LTER-im] RFI: IM Tools Spreadsheet (Deadline: July 12th)

Renée F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Mon Jun 28 11:35:22 PDT 2021

Good afternoon,

In preparation for the July VWC (July 12th), IM Exec is requesting each
site fill out your site's tech tools on the new IM Tools Spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T9GD4cZlXEO4cJ0yZqS5Ni567O8GmtPgXKKtOowZQaI/edit?usp=sharing>,
developed as part of the IM Knowledge Exchange (IMKE) effort. There are
tabs associated with major job categories typically tasked to site IMs,
including metadata and EML, personnel and mailing lists, bibliography, and
websites.

This is still very much a work in progress. If you notice anything missing,
please enter it in the appropriate comments/questions column. Going
forward, we anticipate displaying this information in a more
digestible way, with annual requests for updates. The goal is to have a
shared knowledge base of tech tools used by IMs across the LTER Network. We
felt starting with a spreadsheet was a good way to start, as it provides
several examples from current IM Exec-represented sites to help guide you
all through the process.

We would like all sites to complete this spreadsheet before July 12th. Our
July VWC will be a breakout-style meeting with rooms focused around these
topics, including one room that will directly follow up our June VWC on
metadata collection and EML generation.

Thanks, Renée (on behalf of IM Exec)

--
*Renée F. Brown* (*she/her*)
*Information Manager, McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER*
rfbrown at unm.edu