[LTER-im] Best Practices Release - Data Package Design for Special Cases

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Wed Feb 24 15:38:55 PST 2021

Good afternoon,

On behalf of IM Exec and the Non-tabular Data Working Group, I’m pleased to announce that the Best Practices for Data Package Design for Special Cases has been released, and is now accessible in several formats:

  *   A pdf compiling all of the best practices can be found in the EDI Repository through the following citation: Gries, C., S. Beaulieu, R.F. Brown, S. Elmendorf, H. Garritt, G. Gastil-Buhl, H. Hsieh, L. Kui, M. Martin, G. Maurer, A.T. Nguyen, J.H. Porter, A. Sapp, M. Servilla, and T.L. Whiteaker. 2021. Data Package Design for Special Cases ver 1. Environmental Data Initiative. https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/9d4c803578c3fbcb45fc23f13124d052 (Accessed 2021-02-24).

  *   An interactive bookdown version of the best practices can be found here: https://ediorg.github.io/data-package-best-practices/EMLmetadata/index.html

  *   The best practices are also linked on EDI’s website: https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/five-phases-of-data-publishing/phase-1/#Coherence, or via the menu bar through Resources —> Five phases of data publishing —> 1. Organize —> Coherence (This path may change as EDI is working on some website redesigns).

  *   And finally, all of these updates can be found in the GitHub Repository, which should also be used to report issues/questions/concerns: https://github.com/EDIorg/data-package-best-practices

We hope you will all find these Best Practices useful in dealing with special cases!

Regards,
IM Exec and the Non-tabbers

—
Renée F. Brown (she/her)
Information Manager, McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER
University of New Mexico Department of Biology
Albuquerque, NM 87131 USA
rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu>

—