[LTER-im] TODAY: Sept 14th VWC - Data Use Policy Updates

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Mon Sep 14 09:25:17 PDT 2020

A reminder of our monthly virtual telecon, happening today. Connection info is below.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Renee F. Brown" <rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu>>
Subject: [LTER-im] Sept 14th VWC - Data Use Policy Updates
Date: September 9, 2020 at 9:48:06 AM MDT
To: LTER-IM <im at lternet.edu<mailto:im at lternet.edu>>

Good morning IMC,

Our next monthly Virtual Water Cooler (VWC) is just around the corner, scheduled for this coming Monday, September 14th at 12p PT / 3p ET. We will have a discussion with Corinna and Mark at EDI regarding LTER & EDI data use policies. Specifically, we will discuss the implications of outdated data use policies (highlighting a recent example), the potential for EDI performing a bulk update of these policies, and considerations for changing licensure from Creative Commons (CC) to Open Data Commons (ODC).

We have created a document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wGr5nggiP8llJE0XzonC0dyrx9TjSq1xLwFYgZWKDs/edit?usp=sharing> in the IMC Google Drive to provide additional background and context along with our proposed key discussion points. We invite IMC members to review and contribute comments in advance of our VWC to help guide our discussion. Please let me know if you are unable to access the document.

Looking ahead, we are pleased to announce Amber Buddin from DataONE will be joining us for our October VWC. I will send out more details closer to that time. Please note, due to the holiday (Indigenous People’s Day) and a conflict in Amber’s schedule, our October VWC has been RESCHEDULED from our normal time to Monday, October 19th. Please change your calendars accordingly.

September VWC Connection Info: